Alexandria Womens Center physicians have a unified belief and diligent practice in the management of womens bone health. We are proactive in not just the diagnosis and management of osteoporosis but in routine prevention as well. We are the only OB/GYN clinic in Central Louisiana to bring the convenience of an in office full body bone density unit with same day as yearly exam testing. Our Hologic Discovery unit studies allow our physicians to determine the presence and level of your bone loss and formulate an immediate manangement plan for your benefit. With sequential follow up testing when warranted, response and improvement over your lifespan can be tracked to assure your maximum benefit.
Uncontrollable Risk Factors
- Being over age 50.
- Being female.
- Family history of osteoporosis.
- Low body weight/being small and thin.
- Broken bones or height loss.
Controllable Risk Factors
- Not getting enough calcium and vitamin D.
- Not eating enough fruits and vegetables.
- Getting too much protein, sodium and caffeine.
- Having an inactive lifestyle.
- Drinking too much alcohol.
- Losing weight.